Independent Methodist Churches
The Registered Office and Resource Centre
Tel. (01942) 223526 Fax. (01942) 227768
The Admin and Resource Centre acts as the hub and centre of all Connexional work. It is responsible for providing a service to the churches by which their requirements can be met.
The Resource Centre:
Has a full time Manager who handles enquiries from churches and other bodies.
- operates a design and printing service for production of church letterheads, newsletters, posters, circuit plans and other local publications to order.
- has facilities for committee meetings and small group meetings.
- sends out monthly mailings to all the churches, on behalf of Connexional officers and departments.
- distributes the denominationís publications and supplies other publications, audio visual equipment and church furnishings to order.
- houses the Independent Methodist Archives which can be used to trace many aspects of the history of the Connexion and individual churches. They are also valuable to family historians.
The bi-monthly magazine of the Independent Methodist Churches is entitled 'Connexion'. Circulation is about 1,200. It is distributed by the Resource Centre and is sold in the churches. Individuals can take out a postal subscription by contacting the Resource Centre.
Other current publications include:
Introducing The Independent Methodists (A brief history and outline of the ministry and mission of the Connexion today)
Directory (published annually), giving details of Connexional officers, Ministers and churches.
The Independent Methodists (published by James Clarke & Co, Cambridge, 2005).
This is the definitive history of the denomination.
Peterís People (early I.M. history)
Model Church Rules
The Lordís Supper
Marriage, Divorce and Remarriage
Homosexuality and the Church